Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Howell Sisters Design, Inc.

Last weekend my sister Cathy and her girls Kaylee and Fiona came for an overnighter visit here in Kuna.  It was great spending time with them and letting the cousins get to know each other a bit better.  Cathy saw the curio piece on my wall (which has its own story) and thought that wall needed something more, so off we went to Craft Warehouse to find...something.  She was inspired by these black trays she discovered, then we found some green sheer ribbon that nicely compliments my green walls in the kitchen.  We found these fleur-de-lis knob do-hickeys (I think the official name Cathy gave them was "nubbins").  After a bit of measuring and tying knots and bows and a lot of retying knots and bows, here was our finished product!





Close-up of one hanging tray:


Now I want to go back to Craft Warehouse and get those glass blobs people make homemade magnets from and print off some pictures of the kiddos to make the magnets and put them on the trays.  I wish I could go to a craft store with my sister everyday!  Thank you, Cathy!

2 comments:

~April~ said...

VERY cute Amy! I love it!

Micaela said...

They turned out really cute! And you are SO much better at getting your projects up fast. ;) Oh! I didn't even think of putting the kids' pics in the magnets. Nice idea!