Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Isaac's 4th Birthday, part II -and- It's a Baby!

Finally, last Sunday we were able to have the Becks celebrate Isaac's birthday. 
Here's the cake...I was quite fond of it myself!



Enough birthday talk, I'm finally posting pictures from our ultrasound yesterday!

Yup, those are her privates.  Those three white lines represent the "hamburger" I wrote about earlier today.


Here is her cute little profile:


Looking down at her face...you can see her eye sockets and lens of the eyes.
It seems she's resting her chin on her hand.



And she likes to play footsies with herself!


Everything is going great with the pregnancy and the baby seems to be growing right on schedule.  I do have what they called "marginal previa" which means part of the placenta is touching the cervix.  If were a complete previa, that means the baby couldn't come out vaginally because the placenta would be covering the entire cervix.  But the doctor said it was so close to just the edge that as my uterus expands the placenta will move away from my cervix with it and he seemed very confident the previa would resolve itself.  I have an another ultrasound in about 10 weeks just to be sure I'm fine for the homestretch, but I am supposed to "take things easy" so to speak.  Darn, guess I can't start that workout routine I've been meaning to take up for...um...years now!

This baby has also posed another pregnancy challenge I haven't faced before...charlie horses!  I've been advised to drink more water and get more milk and bananas in my diet.  I think I can follow that course of recooperation.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Cute cake!! And I love the ultrasound pictures. Her little profile is precious!

Micaela said...

Hahaha! I totally JUST now got what you mean by a "hamburger"! LOL. You're funny. Seriously, I wouldn't have ever of thought of that- Ashelyn had lines, not a "hamburger"... I was totally thinking you didn't know what you were looking at. :) And although your kids may think ultrasound pics are boring, I love them. Such a cute little profile picture!

Angela said...

great cake!

great baby!

great job!

Mary said...

Fun cake. I love the ultrasound pictures. She cute already. I took calcium and my charlie horses went away over night.