Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sisters

We had ultrasound for baby numero quatro yesterday.  It was neat because when it was time to determine the gender the ultrasound tech focused in on the area and she said I'd probably seen enough of these to take a good guess. And I said, "It looks like a hamburger to me!"  You moms know what I'm talking about.  So, we're expecting another bundle of pink! 

I will admit, we were really hoping for a boy.  Y'know, two girls, two boys...it's pretty ideal, right?  But Isaac doesn't seem to be getting a little brother this summer after all, which he's a bit disappointed over.  However, this afternoon I overheard him tell Alayna, "Well, I guess we're getting another girl."  Maybe he's come to grips with it?  It's made me think about how I first knew we were going to have number 4.  Maren was literally just days old and I remember rocking her in our old apartment.  I had strong, overwhelming feelings that another one was waiting for our family.  Really, this baby isn't a week old!  I guess Heavenly Father needed to tell me way back then to start preparing me, because if He had waited till last fall all the chaotic things going on in our lives really would've had me second-guessing this choice.  But since I've been prepared since Maren's birth to have yet another, it wasn't very difficult at all.  And it makes me wonder...did this little girl miss her sister so much she just HAD to make her presence known as soon as Maren came down here?  I don't know.

Now we're back to the name debate.  Why do we keep having girls when girl names are the hardest to agree on???

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

We have the same problem! We have a boy name all picked out,, just waiting for a boy to join our family.