Here are the pages of the program. I tried loading these as a pdf file onto Facebook, but I was getting really frustrated with it, so I put them over here. My notes from the opening comments and the three classes I attended are below. Click on the images to see them larger.
2013 Kuna Stake Relief Society Conference – Notes
Notes from opening comments:
“For such a time as this.” Esther didn’t become great when she saved the Jews – she became great by the countless faithful things she had done her whole life in being obedient to the Lord.
We can do hard things—we can do the most for the Lord when we have become broken.
What is my role in His plan? How can I fulfill His will?
We must seek comfort and companionship of the Spirit.
God has asked us to do the impossible, but with Him all things are possible.
The greater we become, the less we know we are.
“Women of Covenant” class
“All things are numbered unto me.” Moses 1:35
Heavenly Father wants us to return to him, and the temple is there to help us get back.
Put away things of the world. Hide worldly things and don’t pick them back up. (Jacob’s Ladder)
Story of Bro. Moyle’s wooden leg; Holiness to the Lord written on the temple and written on his heart.
(see http://mormonconversations.com/holiness-to-the-lord-the-story-of-john-rowe-moyle/)
“A Godly Walk” class
When did Esther know she was a queen? When did David know he was a king? Have I determined if I
am a queen? When will I believe I am a queen?
Virtues of Esther:
#1 -- Esther 4:16 -- Self-confidence
How to gain self-confidence: Don’t be negative! Team up with the Lord; He’s the best team captain. What kinds of things would He say and do if He were next to me all day long? (positive, uplifting things)
#2 – Courage; make choices with courage; objects in motion stay in motion; give yourself credit for what you do right
#3 – Spiritual strength: listen to the Spirit; STOP comparing yourself to anyone else; you’re a daughter of God, what else matters??; do I have a testimony of ME?; do I follow old beliefs of who I thought I was or do I embrace new beliefs of what I can be?
#4 – Grace and charm: God-given virtues to do kind and be good and have personal dignity; a good expression and positive attitude are the best things you can wear; be beautiful inside; the Spirit lends to beauty
What will happen if I embrace these four virtues? Happiness, influence for good
“A Marvelous Work and Many Wonders” class
Esther 4:14
…who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
It’s not an accident the youth are here and this time right now; and we are their parents/leaders.
“If I don’t brainwash my kids, who will?” (Story from Bro. Sturges’s seminary class when he was a young man—a girl in class accused the teacher that having FHE and reading scriptures and praying as a family was all to brainwash his children to get them to believe what he wanted them to believe. The teacher stopped and thought about that, then said, “If I don’t brainwash my kids, who will?”)
New “Come, Follow Me” manual – lds.org/youth, click on ‘new curriculum’
See in FAQs: how can CFM manual help parents? Use it in the home to support material being taught in seminary, Sunday school, YM/YW; perhaps a morning devotional
Your children might not remember what you said (family devotional, scripture study, FHE, etc) but they will remember that it happened!










No comments:
Post a Comment