Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Things I Made from Old Jeans

I wrote about Alayna's piano bag a little while ago, and since then I've made 2 more wonders a-la denim.  I mean, hey, you have old jeans with holes in the knees, might as well turn them into something you need. 

First I made another bag.  I had only been using my previous church bag for one year, but the lining inside was crinkling and little black flakes were all over my binder, my scriptures, manuals, etc.  They really irritated moi.  So, the rest of Derek's jeans and one of my old shirts later, you get this masterpiece:

I also love this bag for the big, deep pocket.  My phone, keys, chapstick, etc. were always falling out of my old bag.  This pocket keeps all my necessities in place for me. 

I determined to shake-up last year's summer chore chart system.  Behold:



One pocket holds jobs to-do.  The kids pick a stick, do the job, and then insert it into their row.  That indicates they've earned 15 minutes of screen time; tv, movies, Wii, computer, etc.  I help them monitor their time, and they put their sticks in the second pocket once their time is used up.


I have a secret confession:  I have more old jeans and I want to make more bags.  I see a lady's bag at church or out and about and I think--"hmm, I like that idea.  I have just the shirt to cut up for it."  Maybe Alayna's continued sewing lessons can be incorporated as I make more bags.  Oh!  I know!!!  Isaac is starting violin lessons next week and he'll need a bag for his books!  YES!  Okay, expect an update in the near future about more "Things I Made From Old Jeans."

1 comment:

Micaela said...

Seriously lady, I'm jealous of the time you have to make these things! Well, I guess if I kicked myself off the computer... :P I love the chore stick hanger thing!!