Friday, October 17, 2008

Eagle Eye

Derek and I had an awesome date night earlier this week. He got movie passes from Intermountain Eye for helping out at one of their offices. He wanted to see Eagle Eye so his mother came and we went to see an early show. We went to get our tickets for the 4:50 show and the teller informed us that the IMAX show was also available with the passes, and it only started 20 minutes later. Derek had never been in IMAX before so we decided to 'upgrade.' We have a points card for that movie theater (why does everything have a card? Albertsons, Fred Meyer, ShopKo, Flying J...my wallet is bursting) and when you use it when you get tickets it usually pops out a coupon for a free concession item. We scored and got TWO! A free small drink and free small popcorn. We were at the counter to redeem the coupons and the kid told us to upgrade to larges for both it would only be $2.50. Heck yeah! For $2.50 we got a large popcorn and soda (ommigosh, I haven't had to pee that bad since I was pregnant) and an IMAX movie. The IMAX was a bit much for Derek; the action scenes made him feel nauseous, but I think every movie should be seen in IMAX! We had a really fun evening and were very grateful to Bonnie for watching the kids for us. It's great now that Maren is old enough to leave behind for a few hours. Life is too busy and I love my one-on-one time with my man! Hmmm, I don't have any pictures of us on here...I'll have to remedy that.

1 comment:

Micaela said...

Finally! It let me in today! Not sure what happened there... Hope you're having a good day. I'll talk to you soon!