Usually I have a bit of emotion well up in my throat when I say goodbye to them the first day, especially when I have one going into kindergarten the first time, but I was SO BUSY this morning making lunches and signing the last of the paperwork and brushing hair and finding shoes that I really haven't had a moment to feel anything yet. I have Kristen and Kinzie here still, so it's not like there aren't any distractions at home.
A lot of moms have a hard time sending their kids to school. Not me! It's not that I'm not crazy about these little boogers, but I've never been one to dwell much on the past. I'm always excited for the next chapter, the new skills and knowledge. I'm more fascinated about who they are becoming instead of longing for them as babes in my arms.
Alayna's my 4th grader this year! I can't believe it! So big, so smart!
Isaac is starting 2nd grade. He's so excited to learn new things!
Maren is a kindergartener! I know she's going to love school!
This was my attempt at a 'candid' shot while we walked to school this morning.
Bring it on, 2013-2014 school year!


1 comment:
tried to get Bella to do a 'K' as well, but hers looked like a pirate hook :)
Post a Comment