I am so, so pathetic when it comes to replacing my furnace filters. Two-three months? HAH! I cannot remember the last time I changed my filters before I did it 15 minutes ago. Thank goodness none of us suffer from allergies or else we'd be feeling some big hurt.
I thought up a strategy to help me keep up on my filter changing. It's been on my mind a lot lately because we're looking at some expensive repairs for our A/C unit, and changing the filters on schedule can help us enhance efficiency while we decide what to do about the system.
Today I purchased six of each of my filters. I have a 20x20 in the loft upstairs and a 14x14 in our bedroom. I just replaced both of them so I have five left of each. With a goal to change them every 2 months, I decided to write on each filter the month it needs to replace its dirty comrade.
Will it work? Will Amy stay on top of her filter-changing from now on? I'll let you know how successful I am come July.
Ewwwww! Seriously!??! GROSS! And the one from my bedroom was MUCH dirtier. *shudder*
1 comment:
Haha! That's a great idea, actually! We just found out that our irrigation filter here was COMPLETELY clogged. Like no one had replaced it in AGES. Then, Cory thought that he'd better check the swamp cooler. Good thing he did because the filters had MOLD and about a half inch of DIRT at the bottom. The things that people forget about...
Post a Comment