I am so disappointed in myself. Usually when I see a new ad or a new product I don't fall into the trap of thinking it's going to solve any major problems or radically simplify my life. But a few weeks ago I saw this on the shelf at Winco:
Wow, I thought. A larger sandwich bag? That sounds like it might come in handy! I love the snack-sized bags, so I thought an extra-large sandwich bag sounded like a handy thing to have. Sometimes I make sandwiches for Derek that I can barely squeeze into a regular sandwich bag. I bought it.
Yesterday I ran out of my regular sandwich bags so I grabbed my impressive box of XL bags so I could make some lunches before everyone left for work and school. I pulled one out of the box and thought, huh, that looks an awful lot like my quart-sized bags.
Side-by-side comparison:
To your left, Ziploc XL Sandwich bag; to your right, quart-sized freezer baggie.
Duped, I tell ya, duped. I bought a box of quart-sized bags wearing a different box. Oh you clever marketers at Ziploc, you got me this time. The only downfall to my report on clever marketing is cost: I don't have a cost comparison for you to show the price of a box of XL sandwich bags to a box of regular quart-sized bags. But you can bet I will take notes next time I'm out shopping!
Do you have a duping story you'd like to share?
1 comment:
Why yes, yes I do have a duping story. I hardly ever fall for those "As seen on TV" things. But the other day I splurged 10 bucks on my own self and bought one of those nail kits that are supposed to put awesome little pictures on your nails. Several attempts at awesomeness later, I had some smudged up nails and was 10 dollars poorer. I even tried a few days later - "maybe it will work this time!" Nope. Totally wasted that splurge.
Post a Comment