Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good evening, all.  Just had some pics and clips from the camera that have been screaming at me to be uploaded and put on the blog!

We've been doing a summer chore routine for the kids so they don't become couch potatoes all summer.  I think it's working out pretty well!  One of their rewards for getting two full weeks done was picking where we go to dinner one evening.  In typical Beck fashion, they chose Chuck-a-rama.  My three little knuckleheads were enjoying their dessert and they were being so cute and I randomly had the camera with me, so I took a few shots.  This one had the best lighting, and the best story.  Notice how Isaac has no dish of ice cream in front of him?  That's because just before I shot the picture his dish fell onto his lap then onto the floor.  There was a bit of crying...thank goodness it's buffet and you're at your leisure to get more dishes of ice cream!




---------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, the story of my life.  Maren's Messes.  This morning I had to be in Boise at 10 a.m. for an appointment.  The morning was going really well.  The kids were eating breakfast and I ran upstairs to finish getting dressed.  Um, did I mention breakfast today was oatmeal?  What was I thinking, leaving my 2-year-old under the mere supervision of her older siblings with oatmeal???  Soon Isaac ran upstairs and said, "Mom!  Maren's getting the oatmeal everywhere!"  I told him to just wipe her up and whatever mess she made with it.  "No, Mom.  It's everywhere!"  I came downstairs and I wish I had the presence of mind the whip out the camera to document the moment to show her evidence of the crime at a later date, but suddenly I had a kitchen and toddler to clean up (have you ever tried to clean up dried oatmeal?  it's cement) and not be late for my appointment.  It was just a bit stressful.

We usually only have one event like that per day.  As soon as I got home from the appointment, Little Miss Mae needed a diaper change.  Promptly after the change she disappeared.  I noticed she was being quiet (too quiet) but I had just gotten home and needed a rest.  When she came downstairs, this was her big reveal:





Ooooooooh, that sly little devil.  Tomorrow's to-do list is to confiscate all her little chairs she pushes around the house to gain access to forbidden things.  Also, after my next shopping trip we'll put an obnoxious little child-proofing safety knob on each and every door in this house!  Not only had she gotten into my mascara and make-up but she also found Derek's Mach 3 Turbo razor.  Fortunately, she hasn't witnessed Daddy shaving often enough to connect that the blades are supposed to connect with the face. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, a few weeks ago Alayna participated in a children's 1 mile walk/run race in Boise.  I was lucky to get a video of her crossing the finish line.  It was a neat experience for her and I'm glad she got the opportunity to participate in it.


Alayna - Finish Line from Amy Beck on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Micaela said...

Oooh! The mascara is so pretty! ;) hahaha! And yay for Alayna! She looked pretty excited about getting to do that.