Two weeks ago Alayna notified me there were hard things in her mouth. After a few days I finally got around to peeping in and this is what we found:
I was mildly surprised. I didn't know the adult teeth could come in before the baby teeth fell out. The baby teeth were a tad wiggly but didn't improve over two weeks. So we paid a visit to Dr. Rogers and she had the two baby teeth removed. She did excellent during the extractions (I think laughing gas had something to do with that). She's very excited for the Tooth Fairy to come tonight. Here's her after picture:
Yeah, it's kind of gross. I was surprised when the dentist asked if I was doing alright...he said some moms don't do well at the sight of blood. Well, I'm not that big a wuss and there was precious little blood being spilt. I did fine. Brought back memories of all the teeth I had pulled as a child to make room for the adult teeth. I think I see a family pattern here.
------------------------------------------------
Easter weekend we participated in our first Kuna City Easter egg hunt. It was pretty fun, but freeeeezing! Not joking...it was 38 out but with windchill it was 30. Literally, freezing. And windy. It was fun because they had the hunts divided by age groups, so everyone got a little of everything. Alayna was the only one willing to get a picture with the local Bunny representative after the hunt.
---------------------------------------------
A few weeks ago I luckily happened to meet my sister-in-law at the elementary school as she was departing with a load of cupcakes to celebrate her son's birthday. She generously gave us some of the leftover cupcakes and boyhowdy, were they good! Well, I thought they were yummy...Alayna said she didn't like chocolate cake and Isaac couldn't get past the frosting. But you can tell Maren had no qualms over either!
---------------------------------------------------
I can't post something about the girls and not include something about Isaac!
I wanted to put a picture of him fishing with Derek and Uncle Tyson, but he adamantly told me NO! and said he wanted the picture he took of his Transformer ring, which coincidently came from his cousin's birthday cupcakes. So, that's the omage to my son.
-------------------------------------------
This afternoon the kids had a friend over to play and they created a bit of a play! This is a favorite pasttime for these youngsters. Here is the video for you to enjoy. Music and lyrics and choreography by Alayna and Kathryn. Cinematography by Amy Beck. All rights reserved.





No comments:
Post a Comment