Thursday, April 29, 2010

All in a day's work! -and- I need opinions!

Derek has the entire day off so we planned today to paint the kitchen. 
(I painted, he kept the kids away from me--happiness all around).
As you can see, it's just accent walls.  The kitchen really doesn't have walls. 
Please ignore the counter clutter!!! 



Isn't green just happy?  It's like java to the soul, I swear. 


Here's where I need an opinion.  So far, I've painted to the corner above the fridge. 
If you look below, going left to right, door #1 is my bathroom, door #2 is the garage, and door #3 is the pantry.  I want to continue painting the wall of door #1 and end on that corner (just before you hit the light switch).  That would mean the wall next to the fridge and the walls of all 3 doors.  Following me?

I asked Derek what he thought and he just said, "We just need to get some opinions." 
Apparently he has none, blesshisheart.

If you scroll up to the second photo, I want to paint the little wall on the kitchen island, as well.
Derek, however, does have an opinion on this.  He is against island painting.


So, question numero uno:  Should I paint to the wall of door #1, or stop somewhere else?
Question numero dos:  Should we paint the island?

I really want input on this, so leave comments!!! 
Or leave a message on facebook (facebook.com/beck8701). 
I just need input, innnnnnnpuuuuuuuuut!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I would paint it. It would tie into the rest of the kitchen. If Derek is really against it I assume it will still match the other walls so it wouldn't look out of place.

Micaela said...

It looks great! I love the color!! I would paint around all the doors. I'm not sure about the island. I think it would be nice, but it might be too much "accent". What about a darker neutral color, though because it does look a bit bare...?

~April~ said...

Paint it all Amy! Love the color!

The Mrs. said...

I do not know! But I do think that what you have done so far is great!

Elder Richey said...

Okay, my input is to paint just around the first door and not go into that little hallway/alcove. My thought on the island is to not paint it, but to give it some kind of texture--I'm thinking bead board would look really nice. Good luck with whatever you guys decide!