Monday, September 7, 2009

Worst Mom Award

So, I had this very lengthy, detailed, and witty account typed up of how I ended up taking Maren to the ER tonight. But, I'm still getting used to blogger and managed to delete my anecdote just in time for autosave to kick in. Since my detailed and witty story-telling skills have been expended for the evening, you get the Reader's Digest version.

We were having dinner at Golden Corral and Maren fell out of the high chair and landed on her head. It was completely my fault. To be safe rather than sorry, we went to the ER to make sure our tumbler was okay. Turns out she's absolutely fine and we were educated on the symptoms of head injury that really require medical attention. Well, now we know. And I feel like I should earn the Worst Mom Award for having taken two of my children to the ER within a 4 week period. There.

Here's a picture of the bump on her head taken with my standard digital camera and my mediocre photography skills.



Happy Labor Day, everyone. I'm pooped.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

poor maren! Those bonks on the head always look worse than they are. Evelyn's was twice that size and literally looked like there was half an egg under there. I'm glad all is well:)

Amber said...

You gotta share the award with me too. When we were at Disneyland in May, we were pushing around our double stroller, with Hunter in the front. Hunter was getting in and out so much that we didn't bother buckling him in because it was annoying. Well, he fell out, face first, hit his head on the cement and then we started to roll over him before we realized what happened! I felt SO aweful. We sat in the Hungry Bear restaurant with ice from one of the cart vendors, icing his head for 20 minutes, all the while he was screaming. We got a lot of dirty looks. But, the ice really helped - he hardly had a bump and it went away quickly. The ibuprofen we picked up at the first aid station probably helped too.
So, there, you're definitely not alone.

Micaela said...

Um, so woah! I haven't checked the blog for a few days because you rarely update... Look at you!! lol. j/k. I guess I already know most of this stuff anyway, but it's still fun to read about it. And I think that all of us have those "Mother of the Year" moments. :)