Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Sister Rose

Late last March my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's undergone chemo all summer and yesterday she underwent a mastectomy and is doing well in recovery. They found a tumor on her lymph nodes they removed and it will take two weeks for the biopsy results. I guess in my mind the surgery would more or less be the end of her battle with cancer, the beginning of healing and remission. So my heart is heavy with this new news of potential battles to save her health. Please pray for my sister and her family. She has a wonderful husband and 5 special children, ages 17-9. If you are LDS and live near a temple and would be willing to call to put her on the prayer roll, please email me and I'll give you her full name. beck8701@hotmail.com or you can message me at facebook.com/beck8701. Thank you. You can also follow her own blog at http://myunintentionallife.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

kimpope08 said...

Amy I've been wondering how it went. I'm so sorry for this newest development.. hopefully it's all still okay. We had a lady in our ward with almost the exact same situation except she had two nodes with tumors. She is fine, healthy and happy now so don't be too afraid or discouraged. She will continue to be in my prayers!

Love ya!

Rosemary said...

Amy, you are too sweet. You touched my heart. Thank you. I just found your blog today...didn't know you had one. Can't wait to see you next week!
~Rose