Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sit down, it's okay...the truth is often hard to handle...

I know several people who are going to feel faint at the idea of me updating my blog. And the fact that I've made it public. Yes, it's been nearly six months since I've done anything on this, but you can take your head from between your knees now and read what I have to say. Thank you for your cooperation.

First, just like zillions of American families out there, we have started the school year. Not just another school year, the very first for the Beck Family. This morning my darling 5 year old made her debut with public education. Our district just started doing kindergarten all day every other day, so Alayna will be in school Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday. Here is the traditional and oh-so-cute first-day-0f-school photo.



You may take notice of the sling under the yellow hoodie. Minor trampoline incident over the weekend--sprained elbow. I think she'll only need it for a few more days. She has a follow-up visit with our doctor tomorrow.

She was a wee bit teary eyed last night as she experiened some pre-kindergarten gitters. But this morning she was purely enthusiastic and ready for the challenge. The school district offers free lunch to all students, so we (Isaac, Maren, and myself) helped her find the cafeteria and get her food. Alayna is so cool, though. While we were waiting in line the girl behind her asked about her arm, and Alayna told her trampoline story, then popped out with, "Want to eat with me?" I was very impressed with this invitation, and she and the other girl indeed sat down and had breakfast together. I haven't had any phone calls from school nor did Alayna mysteriously wander home during the day, so I feel confident that she managed to find her way from the cafeteria to her classroom and enjoy the first day of the rest of her long, 13 year journey through the Kuna School District.

Just a few weeks before our community pool is about to close, we finally decided to start taking advantage of it. Here's a picture of my three bathing beauties in their swim gear, waiting for Daddy to come home so we could splish-splash.


So, now that's starting all this blogging mumbo jumbo up again, you probably will see some of the highlights of our family over the summer in retrospect. Thanks for playing! Come again soon.

2 comments:

Micaela said...

hahaha! It's about time, silly! Sorry about not being able to talk today. Man, I've been laid out on the couch all day. I feel horrible... :P

Alayna looks SO cute!! And I'm glad she didn't wander home during the day. :)

Rebecca said...

Amy, they are all so cute! Way to go Alayna!!