Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Stuff

I got my hair whacked off last week. It was down to my shoulders before and quite boring. This is me after coming home from the salon. I. Love. Short. Hair. I should've done this years ago. Every morning doing my hair is FUN now. It's usually a bit, ahem, bigger than this. I'm having fun with volume, I'm not afraid to admit it. Anyway. That's me. For anyone local who might be reading this, Maria at Leffler's did it. I highly recommend her. I had a great time.



Here are some pictures of the house with our stuff in it! Some after pictures, so to speak. I love the kitchen island because of its bounteous counter space. The kids eat breakfast and lunch there so the table stays clean most of the time. Dig it. Those are flowers Derek bought me just before Christmas. Sweet man.



My kitchen: notice the BLACK appliances. We had the white ones changed out. No likey the whitey. And to your right you'll notice a small teal fish tank on the counter. That was Alayna's birthday present. On New Years Day we went to Petsmart and she used her birthday money (along with Mom and Dad's money) to get her rocks, fish, decorative figurines, food, etc. We have two guppies named Flau Flau and Easter Egg and a Zebra fishy named Lightning (guess who named that one).

We are simply ecstatic that we have enough space to put our table so it's not scrunched against a wall or a corner and the chairs all fit around it. We even have plenty of space with the leaves in. Hoooooray for square footage!





3 comments:

Micaela said...

Nice to see you! ;) You know you have to put a picture of your hair all curly on here too, right? I want to see!

Hillary said...

I seriously love the hair cut. I wish I was brave enough to go that short. I love short hair, too, but Derk begs me to keep it long. I want to see a picture of you playing around with volume!!

The G-5+2 said...

Love the hair, love the house, very cute kids. We were home at Christmas time and I was hoping we could come and see your house but between family, wedding stuff, and me being sick we hardly saw anyone. Hopefully we will be able to come home again and be able to visit a bit. I would love to see your house. Congrats!