
I'm about to confess a bunch of weird stuff about myself. But I think I'll feel better if I get this off my chest. Hope we can still be friends.
I hate Halloween. I am the Ebeneezer Scrooge of Halloween. Why? It makes me nauseous. Physically, honest-to-goodness nauseous. I have a physical reaction to masks, wigs, face paint, foods that look like body parts, etc. (Whoever created that mummified face made out of bacon that's all over Facebook right now has ruined bacon for me for the next several months, and that is a sad, sad thing.) It's like having morning sickness every October. I don't know why I'm like this. I don't believe it's a dark, evil day. But I do remember as a little girl, my family had a rainbow clown wig in the Halloween box. I couldn't touch it, barely look at it. Just thinking about it made my stomach flip and my skin crawl. Still does. I just read a friend's Facebook status about how much she loves to watch the costumes on TODAY and Live! with Kelly and Michael. I could never willingly do it. I've been fighting off waves of sickness ever since my husband walked out the door in his costume for work...donning a mullet wig.
I do my best every year to distract myself from the discomfort. My family and the rest of the world loves to indulge in Halloween. But I've never liked dressing up. I hated thinking up a costume every year when I was little enough to go trick-or-treating. My husband has totally given up on getting me to dress up for Halloween.
There are a few things I like about Halloween...carving pumpkins, and of course the candy. But the closer October 31 draws near, the more sick I feel. I can't wait to move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't get weird about those celebrations.
1 comment:
Who would've guessed it!? I didn't know anyone was allergic to Halloween. Totally weird, but way to own it, girl!
Post a Comment