Isaac took the recycling to the curb last night (because he's a good boy and he didn't want to write lines again), but it was really windy yesterday. I didn't want our recycling blowing all over the street so I brought it back in, telling myself I'd ask him to drag it out when he went to school this morning. Of course I forgot to ask him and this morning I ended up taking it to the curb myself in my bathrobe. Then I tried to get back into the house and...couldn't. I lock the kitchen/garage door at night because it makes me feel safe, but I had sadly forgotten to unlock it like I typically do first thing in the morning. I knew Kristen was inside at the table eating her cereal, so I knocked.
"Kristen!"
"What, Mom?"
"Come open the door for Mommy!"
"No, you open the door!"
"Please! Come open the door for Mommy!"
"I'm watching Dora!"
"I'll give you fruit snacks!!!"
"I'm coming!"
Thank HEAVENS that little angel is proficient with door knobs, and that she was out of bed! We have a hidden spare key for moments like aforementioned, but guess what! It wasn't in it's little hidey place, nor was it where I left it after last time I got myself locked out because I was too busy to put it away so I would know where it would be safely waiting for my next locked-in-the-garage crisis. Oh dear. Lesson learned? I hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment