Last night I participated in something that was completely unique to me. Early in November a friend from church let me know there was a community Christmas concert being organized. It was made of different people from different churches in Kuna joining together to give a gift to our little town for the Christmas season. It was an amazing experience! My singing background is limited, but I enjoyed participating and learning new things and meeting new people. The auditorium last night was packed and people are already hoping next year there will be more performances.
My parents had always encouraged me to do choir when I was younger living at home. I never had enough confidence in myself. Like most things in life, I expected more from myself than anyone else would expect from me. I did orchestra, but often felt discouraged with my limitations. I wish I had known then what I know now! Too bad I don't have Hermione's time turner. Since I can't go back in time and do things differently, I have to take opportunities to branch out and try new things now.
Here is the Come Together Kuna's Facebook page if you want to see some of the pictures and videos of rehearsals. I wish they had recorded last night's concert, but as far I've heard they haven't. Maybe next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment