Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A bit of catching up....

This is going to be a rumbled-up, jumbled post.  Just to catch up on things I haven't shared with y'all.
If you keep up on Facebook, a lot of this will be repeat.  But some of you don't, so this is for you!

First, I am LAME and forgot to post about my son's SIXTH birthday!!!!
Here's his Pokeball cake I made.  My first experiment in fondant. 

Isn't he special?!



I did some curtains for my kitchen!  They were originally floor-length curtains that I got free at a home-wares swap a neighbor of mine hosts occasionally.  I trimmed them to the right length and used the excess for a valance.  Then I cut them right up the middle so I could have two gathers in each window.  I tied them up with some sheer green ribbon.  My curtains make me happy.



Kristen:  Kristen is 21-months old now and likes to get into things.  She stole my make-up brushes and pretended she was doing pretty stuff (she tries to put on my deodorant!).


She likes to 'help' set the table, too.  This time she boinked herself on the head.



Maren was helping me make something--looks like cake.  I don't remember why we were making cake, but she's SO happy doing it!



Last fall Alayna submitted a few entries into her school's PTA Reflections contest (as seen here).  We got this newsletter a few weeks ago announcing her literature entry and musical composition were moving from the regional competition to the state level.  She's an amazing little girl!  So talented!



And this year we're going to do a garden.   If you're curious about these boxes, you can check out the Square Foot Gardening website.  We still need to add our dirt mixture and secure our trellis netting to the frame.  Then seeds, then hopefully a garden!






1 comment:

Rosemary said...

them are some good looking curtains and garden boxes! you is getting fancy on me. : )