I know you've been dying to read how the Becks fared this Halloween season. Here's the update to fill you in on the juicy news.
We have some amazing friends (thanks, Paul and Jolene!) who let us have our pick from their pumpkin patch. Here we are carving our pumpkin creations. You can see where Derek's attention is really focused, though (Go Cards!!).
Finished products: Maren wanted a kitty cat, I carved a face from a template, Alayna's has hearts and "LOVE" on it (Derek believes it's the most un-Halloween jack-o-lantern ever), and Isaac's is a green scary-faced pumpkin. And there are lots of baby pumpkins, completing the happy family.
Here they are Halloween night. We went to a church trunk-or-treat, then went to Grandma's house for treats and so she could see them in their costumes. Alayna's a 'princess witch', Isaac is a dragon (a purple one this year for a change), Maren is Cinderella (although she also contemplated being Rainbow Brite again or a green dragon), and Kristen is donning the Carebear suit, which has been often-used and well-loved among my family. Sorry it's too bright.
It was really hard getting a shot of just Kristen. You can see in the picture above, Alayna had to restrain her to get Kristen to stay in the shot. Most of the pictures I took are her running away from me. This was the best one I got, and she was so happy and sweet I had to share it.
I cannot believe it's November 2 already (and Kristen is 16 months today!!!). October flew by, what with conference and the Primary program going on. My Alayna will be 8 in ten days, then the holidays and her baptism...life is just slipping by and before I know it it'll be summer again.




1 comment:
Cute!! I like the green pumpkin. :)
Post a Comment