Here's a geography lesson for everybody. If you live outside of Idaho, you probably grew up being taught the word "Shoshone" was pronouced "Shuh-SHO-nee." That's how your's truly, born and bred outside of the Gem State until the age of 23, was educated. However, once you cross the state line, you'll hear from the locals that the word is pronounced "Shuh-SHONE" with a silent e. When I met Derek and he said "Shuh-SHONE" I thought he was ignorant because as we all know, I'm right all the time so the way I was taught was the correct way. However, once I became an Idahoan I realized it's another example of the to-MAY-to/to-MAW-to debate.
Now that that is out of the way, I want to tell you about the trip our family took to Shoshone Falls recently. Shoshone Falls is near Twin Falls, ID, just a few hours from our home (that is, unless, you decide you take the Thousand Springs Byway and you're travelling with a few small children with small bladders--then the trip takes markedly longer). The weather was perfect and the falls were full. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon as a family.
Kristen: The Baby of a Hundred Faces
Maren, Beautiful Third-Born
Isaac, Lone Man-child
Alayna, Mini-Me
All of Us!
The Plaque
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
The Falls (in case you can't see it in person):
No comments:
Post a Comment