I have a friend who also loves to read (hi, Angela) and somehow she has time to blog about at least one new book per week. How does she do it? Does she own a time machine? How about a time-turner like Hermione Granger? Or like in that show from the 80's where that kid touches his fingers together and time just freezes? However she does it, I'm glad she can because then I get good ideas on what to read next. She borrowed an idea from a friend and I'm going to borrow it from her, and that is to read 10 books published the year you were born. For moi, that would be 1981. Realistically, it's just an idea for me now. But at least I took the effort to 'bing' a list of books published in '81.
The list.
I'm proud to say that I've already read some books on my list, so that definitely puts me ahead of the game, right? I have already read the following books published in the year of my earthly arrival:
- "A Light in the Attic" by Shel Silverstein ***
- "Ramona Quimby, Age 8" by Beverly Cleary ***
- "The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate" by Gary Chapman
- "George's Marvelous Medicine" by Roald Dahl ***
- The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price
- "Jumanji" by Chris VanAllsburg
No comments:
Post a Comment