Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Isaac

I noted after writing about Alayna's birthday that Derek was in charge of Isaac's party. I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the cake before it was served, but I'll do my best to describe it to you. Green frosting, as you can see, in honor of Isaac's favorite color (and if you've spent any amount of time with my son recently, he'll remind you his favorite color is gweem). Green M&M's complete the ensemble. What is missing from the pictures were little plastic Spiderman figures and green suckers sticking out of the cake. Candles, of course. Everyone was anticipating him blowing out those candles because for the most recent birthday celebrations in the family, he appeared out of nowhere and blew out the candles for the special birthday person before the song was over. He did a great job. For some reason Derek put 3 candles on each cake...I didn't understand that one.


Oh, I don't think I've mentioned Maren's sock fettish. She really likes socks.


Spiderman plates, cups, napkins, and tablecloth to complete the Spidey-experience.





I took several shots to get him to look at the camera and not blink.


The climax of the evening was Isaac opening his last present--a brand new Spiderman bike with training wheels. Derek and I had that hidden in our closet upstairs under a blanket for a week and a half. I was giddy with anticipation for when Derek unveiled the bike, expecting something along the lines of hyperventelation from my now 3 year old. When it was uncovered he mostly offered a stunned stupor. No smiles or laughs or giggles whatsoever. It was quite anticlimactic. But we know he likes it, because he rode it around the kitchen and kept bumping into the couch. When it gets warm enough we'll let him road test it.

4 comments:

Micaela said...

LOL about Maren. For one, it was completely random smack dab in the middle of Isaac's birthday party and for another Samuel has the SAME fetish! Weird... :)

Bela said...

Oooohhhh! Green AND spiderman! Nicolas would´ve loved to be there!

Happy belated birthday Isaac!

Sharee said...

I can't believe Isaac is already 3! Families have a tendency to grow really fast when you don't see them every week at play group and church.

Hillary said...

Asher's having a Spiderman party, too. I don't get the obsession. lol.