Tuesday, February 4, 2014
emotional regurgitation
I'm trying hard to be grateful for my blessings. I have so many, I don't know where to begin. But my heart is heavy and my mind wanders to all the things I think are wrong in my life. It's the wrong attitude, I know. I have a weakness (one of many) where I fixate on a problem, thinking that if I just dwell on it to death it will magically be resolved. I need to let it go. Let go, and let God. It's something that would look good on a refrigerator magnet, but it's the honest-to-goodness truth. As I get older, I learn more how deeply the Atonement applies to my life. Not just sins and transgressions, but my mortal weaknesses. The fact that I don't have all the answers. That I don't know how to parent my out-of-control 5-year-old. I Need Him EVERY Hour. I don't know why I forget that He is always there, but I get wrapped up in my little fog of discouragement and I grow horribly short-sighted. It's a new day, a new hour, a new minute. I must choose to stick my head above the fog and see the eternities. And when I miss the mark, to remember that my Father in Heaven, my perfect Father, does know the eternities. So, I'm picking myself up by my bootstraps, slapping a smile on my face, whispering a prayer, and pushing forward. My world isn't going to end because I have problems. Never has, never will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know the feeling. You and I need to run away somewhere.
Post a Comment