Monday, February 11, 2013

Isaac's Seventh Birthday Party

Angry Birds birthday party!!!  What little boy could ask for more?  Isaac got to invite a few friends for a pizza/movie party on Friday night. After pizza Isaac opened his gifts, then we did cake and ice cream.  Then we watched Ice Age: Continental Drift and played this Angry Birds game I put together using some templates I found on Pinterest.  The pizza idea also came from Pinterest.



I filled the birds with beans so they had some momentum when tossed at the bad piggies.



The cake!  Ta-da!



This pillow was Alayna's idea.  It was an awesome gift because Isaac LOVES things to cuddle with.  It was also awesome because I used some old t-shirts and stuffing from my neighbor to put it together.  Meaning, FREE GIFT.  And he did indeed love it.



So, this is sort-of birthday related.  I took a shower before heading to the school to do Isaac's class birthday celebration Friday afternoon.  When I came downstairs, I found out my family room had turned into a frosted doughnut!  Thanks, Kristen!  I really wanted to remove baby powder off every square inch of the room before having a birthday party!



For the family party Sunday night, I whipped up some cupcakes and used the leftover fondant from the big cake to make a whole family of bad piggies.  Alayna, Isaac, and Maren helped out.  You might be able to detect which ones Maren decorated--her manual dexterity isn't quite as developed as her older siblings.  I think they all turned out mega-cute.  (And yummy!  Hello, carbs!)



Close-up!



Oh yeah, Saturday night Derek and I took Isaac to Red Robin for dinner and surprised him with Wreck-it Ralph at the dollar theater.  What a great movie!  We definitely plan on owning that one.

I love my boy!  We had his well-child visit in Boise this morning, and he's 70% for height and 75% for weight (or did I switch those?  maybe, meh).  But the doc said Isaac should have a thorough eye exam because it may be time for corrective eye wear. So, we'll see where that road takes us.




No comments: