Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just a thought

I was listening to the scriptures this morning, where Ammon cut off the Lamanites’ arms in defense of King Lamoni’s flocks.  The Lamanite servants took the arms back to the king, but Ammon went to tend the horses as the king had commanded.  It reminded me of when Jesus was a boy and was found in the temple after going missing for a few days.  He was about his Father’s business.  And Ammon was about his master’s bidding.  I thought, wow, that’s something I really need to focus on when I use my time.  How often do I waste time, instead of asking myself what needs to be done about the house.  What do the kids need me to do?  What would make Derek happy?  Do I have any church responsibilities that haven’t been fulfilled yet?  What about my writing?  This is something I’ll never master in my mortal years, but God will know I spent my life trying to be a wise steward over the time He has given me.

No comments: