Sunday, September 9, 2012

Randomness

I'm sick.  I've been sick for a long time.  Well, that's an exaggerated and vague thing to say.  For me, 'a long time' means since the end of July.  And seeing we're a week into September, I think that qualifies as a long time.  (Right now I'm feeling guilty for whining about illnesses when I have friends and family with more burdensome diseases that don't go away with some antibiotics, fluids, and a lot of rest.  But this is my blog and I'm whining about my life.  I still feel sympathy for the genuinely sick people.)

At the end of July we went camping--I only stayed for one night because Kristen was being a big fat stink head.  But when I came home I could tell my sinuses were up to no good.  I've had sinus issues my whole life.  I wish sinuses were something I could live without, like my appendix or tonsils.  Unfortunately, the sinuses are stuck in my face and there's not much I can do about that.

I knew I had a sinus infection, and I knew the smoggy air Idaho has been dealing with from all the forest fires wasn't helping.  I finally saw the doctor and got my drugs.  But I never felt the infection was 100% gone.  But I was less miserable, so I settled for less miserable.  Then the week before school started my oldest children got sick.  Then mommy got sick.  Then mommy's sinus infection reared its ugly head again.  And it was worse this time, but I was using my neti pot and decongestants and felt I had a handle on things.  This lasted for a few more weeks.

Then last week, my chest.  The cough.  After two days of the cough my husband insisted I see the doctor again.  Derek was right, I needed more help.  Now it's a sinus infection and bronchitis.   I'm just done.  I just want to be better again.

That's my little rant.  Thanks for letting me have a tantrum for a minute.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

get well soon. sick since July is TOO long!