Saturday, July 14, 2012

Testimony

I was reflecting upon my last entry ("Thoughts") and I decided it needed a follow-up.  I thought about calling this update "More Thoughts," "Thoughts II," or "Thoughts Revisited."  I decided "Testimony" was more suitable.  I felt God was pointing me in a certain direction, preparing me for something.  So I said, "What do you want me to do?  I'll do it if you just tell me!"  And He made it known to me, in a most surprising way.  I feel very much like Nephi.  The Lord told him to build a boat.  I'm pretty sure Nephi hadn't acquired many ship-building skills before his family left Jerusalem.  But Nephi said, "I'll go and do."  The Lord taught him how to build that ship step-by-step.  And I know the Lord will hold my hand and guide me as I make my heart willing to receive His instructions and direction in my life.

4 comments:

Angela said...

oh the vagueness...but I am smart I have it figured out...almost It is between two things: A=you are going to solve the whole "world peace" thing or B= you are going to become a hair dresser and open a shop in your garage and call it hair thereapy. You will cut people's hair for free but charge them for helping them sort out life's issues.

The Mrs. said...

I like Angela's ideas on what you mean by this post! I know what you mean about asking what you should do and then going- "that? I don't really know how to do that!"

Micaela said...

You're going to do such an awesome job. I'm excited to see this come together for you! How amazing to have this experience right now.

Rosemary said...

< smiley face >