Thursday, September 15, 2011

Our violin virtuoso

Okay, 'virtuoso' is a stretch!  But last month Isaac had his first violin recital, after taking lessons for about 4 months.  He played a little warm-up piece called "Little Bunny Hop Hop" that I think the teacher may have made up for her students, but that doesn't matter.  But he played his piece and he was the very first one and he did great! 



I didn't record him playing in the chapel--didn't feel right to take pictures in the chapel--so I took pictures and a video in the hall as he warmed up. 



Right now he is learning different varations of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," which means he learns the song but plays it in different rhythm patterns.  His teacher uses the Suzuki method, which is fun because I am not familiar with it, so it's like I get to go to violin lessons, too!  (Except I'm usually spending most of my time tempering Maren and getting Kristen out of trouble.)


No comments: