There they are, my two little scholars.
Alayna's first day was yesterday. Isaac's kindergarten is on a block schedule and he's on the B days, so he goes every other day, all day. Here the kids are stylin' in their cool Crimson Point spirit-wear shirts. I decided to be not-cheap and get them this year, shocker.
Alayna's very comfortable in her routine. By 2nd grade, it's pretty familiar, I guess. She left the playground this morning without saying goodbye to me. I looked for her to give her a hug, but she vanished. On one hand, I'm glad she's happy and eager to go off and do her own thing, but on the otherhand, I'm a bit sad that she didn't need reassurance from me before venturing off. What's a mom to do?!
Isaac is very happy to start school! He's not as nervous as Alayna was her first days. Probably because he has an ol' pro like Alayna to help him out. They were very sweet, walking to the school together holding hands. Darn it, where was my camera then?! The kindergarteners lined up outside their door facing the playground and the teacher collected lunches and slipped paperwork into their bags. When they all filed through the door to find their cubbies, he smiled at me and waved, "Bye, Mom! Bye!" and trooped in after the rest of them. There are several children in his class from church and the neighborhood, so I don't have any fears for him today.
I relish in the quiet--I've been looking forward to this day for weeks. I'm happy to have time to give more attention to Kristen and Maren (especially Maren, whose exploits, I've concluded, are symptoms of middle-child syndrome). But darn it, I miss my kids!
Most heart-jerking first-day yet, hands down.
Does it get worse with every kid??

4 comments:
Unfortunately, I think it DOES get worse with every kid :(
But hey, it shows we love them, right?
Your kids are so cute!
Way cute!! Isaac's hair looks so grown up :-) Oh, and remember how we were talking one day about how to spell his name and how no one knows how to spell it traditionally anymore? Well, there's one in Samantha's desk group spelled "Izik" I think that's the craziest way I've seen so far.
Izik, that's funny, reminds me of a joke. How do you ponounce
La-a? Ladasha, the - (dash) don't be silent.
Hey... my kids are wildcats too! How are you? I miss chatting!
Post a Comment