Friday, January 7, 2011

Making the cut and another fun first

I finally had had enough of Maren's tresses.  She never let me brush it or pull it back, so off to Super Cuts we went.  We haven't had a 'first haircut' in 4 years when Isaac's first haircut happened just after his first birthday.  Here are the before and after shots:




I think the short 'do is very adorable and I'm ecstatic about the easier maintenance we'll see from now on. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alayna has already lost 4 baby teeth, but those all happened with the assistance of Dr. Rogers because the teeth had to go to make room for the adult teeth already coming through.  She's been working on her front teeth for a while now and last night she decided one was ready to come out.  Derek suggested pliers and she was on-board with the idea.



It kept going out of focus (and I discovered a finger print on the lens that I put the blame on...wonder whose fault that is! (casting vicious look at Maren)) so I apologize for the blurriness and my whining.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Catch-up

I didn't get any good pictures of the kids opening gifts, but the weekend before Christmas we made my mom's delicious sugar cookies and decorated them.  Some went to prison inmates as part of a service project, some went to neighbors, some were set out for Santa, and many were wolfed down by a sugar-cravin' mama who hadn't had her mother's sugar cookies in a really long time!  We had fun making them and decorating them, and most importantly, EATING them!  Thank heavens Christmas isn't coming for another 11 months.


I don't think the Ace of Cakes or the Cake Boss would hire us, but I think we held our own alright.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

the legend lives on. viva nutmeg!